Sunday, December 23, 2012

How to make: Evergreen Cross Stitch Tags

So you've purchased many presents at this point, right? All ready to go, with the gifts laying beautifully under the tree?  DON'T LIE, You're going out today to get everything!!  Or at least a few last things (like me).  So tonight or tomorrow, there may be some furious wrapping going on.  Why not pretend like you've had this all done for weeks now and jazz your presents up with custom gift tags?  They're pretty easy but look gorgeous and time consuming!

This post was inspired by two sources. One was Buzzfeed, which had this amazing article, 51 Seriously Adorable Gift Tag Ideas, which WERE seriously adorable!  I wanted to try so many of these!  I decided on these DIY Cross Stitch Tags from Uschi & Kay, because they were rather easy and I had all the materials on hand.  I didn't print out their template, I decided to make my own Evergreen tree design, because I am obsessed with trees.  Have you figured that out about me yet?  Two of the three of the Christmas cards I made this year were tree designs!

You can either free-hand your trees like me, or print out this pattern to print out and follow along:

Printable Evergreen Cross-Stitch Tags

Gather your materials:

Card Stock
Embroidery thread
Embroidery needle (the big one in the pack)
Scissors

Begin by cutting out your tags in the style shown below.  At the bottom left-hand corner, begin cross-stitching your pattern.  Try to be careful where you stick the needle, because once you pierce the paper, there's no going back, like would be the case with fabric.





Here's a view from the back.  Make sure you tie the edges so they are not hanging loose or long.


The finished product!



If you liked this let me know in the comments!  And don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment