Friday, January 4, 2013

I turned 30 today.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I'd say I'm about halfway "don't care" and halfway "I'M OLLLD!"  Really, nothing has changed from yesterday to today other than the fact that I have now been on this earth for three decades.  However, looking at just the last decade in particular, I am wowed by how much of a different person I am today than when I was 20 and how much has changed:

Ten years ago, I was just beginning to find myself in college, after a few hiccups getting started.  I met some lifelong friends, decided on a new major and shed some of the "teenage angst" from the previous decade.  When I was 20 I began "seeing" Andy (we don't really have an anniversary) and our friendship grew to love. We were married in 2010!

Over the past ten years I moved many times, from California back to Michigan and now in Illinois.  After embarking on a failed career in my original major, I made the crazy decision to throw caution to the wind and pursue a PhD in Clinical Psychology, despite never having taken any psychology classes before.  I made that decision in 2007-2008, and now we're here, in 2012, against all odds, I am now in my 3rd year of this program and still going strong.  I can tell you, even though this seems crazy to all of you, I can say without a doubt, I made the right decision and this career makes me very happy.

The past 10 years have seen some big changes in my life, and although some of those times really sucked, other times were not so bad!  Although my life is no where close to where I "planned" it should be, I wouldn't change it for the world.  I'm excited about all the things the next decade will bring and the next stages in my life.  Graduation, career, family, etc, etc, etc!

Happy Birthday to Me!

PS:  I made this hat. Faaaaabulous!!!

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter!



No comments:

Post a Comment