Friday, December 7, 2012

How to make: Paint Chip Tree Christmas Cards

Holiday/Christmas Card Tutorial #2!  Yes, I'm getting another craft up on my food/CRAFT blog!  :)  You must excuse me, I'm also trying to write/finish my Master's Thesis this month.  Good thing this is a really really easy way to make fast and adorable Holiday cards.  All you have to do, really, is go to a store with paint and pick up a few "paint chips" those sample color cards that they have on display for you to take.

I went to my local store and picked out a couple of color options:  (Psst, we're making trees)


 Then I cut my card stock again to make the "base" of my cards.  See my Frankencards for more info on this.



Now start making "tree" shapes out of the paint chips, paying attention to where the different colors lie in the triangle.  I measured this to be two inches on the bottom.


Just like this!


Flip it over and cut smaller trees from the other direction of colors, and repeat:


Then put it on your card stock!  ...Uhhh Whoops!  Time to re-cut! :)  You can cut out bigger card stock to avoid this happening.  And THAT's why we measure, Laurie, instead of cutting free-form.


 Oh well, it all worked, out, see?  I decided on two trees because my cards were kind of small.


Get your glue going now:


Add some text, and you're done!!



If you liked this or you have some of your own DIY Christmas card ideas, let me know in the comments!  And don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

1 comment: