Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Coconut Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies




I recently decided to experiment with coconuts. In like, I bought an ACTUAL coconut and broke it open. As someone who decided as a child that she hated coconut, but as an adult actually really likes it, I really do not have that much experience with coconut. So when I came across a recipe to make homemade coconut milk, I decided that that would be the first thing I should do! And it was so flippin' easy. But, I had all this coconut pulp left over that was still good! So I decided to try it in these cookies, I'd like to call "C to the power of 5"... but I won't, cause that might be a little too nerdy.

(ok, I'm done now)

Coconut Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies

by quinnstitch.blogspot.com
yield: 2 dozen
[printable recipe]

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy and smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
5. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips
6. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto parchment paper.
7. Bake 11-13 minutes or until the edges are set. Wait a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely.


Thanks so much for visiting. I really appreciate everyone who reads and comments. If you like what you've seen here, please follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to receive updates.

facebook-like-me-button1         Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. 1.) I seriously don't think any kid likes coconut. Or maybe only 1% of kids do or something. It's one of the most universally hated-by-kids things I can think of.

    2.) Since we both love it now....please tell me you froze me a few of these for my visit next week? :)

    ReplyDelete